Salad and Olive Bar
You told us you wanted olives and so we listened. Today, Midtown Market maintains a savory olive bar and salad bar that our customers have been eating with gusto since we introduced these new items in 2015.
The health benefits of our olive bar seem endless. Here are just a few perks to indulg in these tiny fruits:
- The natural components contained in olives can help control high blood pressure.
- They are also thought to reduce “bad” LDL cholesterol and to help maintain “good” HDL cholesterol.
- Olives contain cell-protecting antioxidants.
- Olives contain oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat, and maslinic acid. These components are found in the skin of olives and are thought to aid in the prevention of some cancers.
- Olives are also an excellent source of dietary fiber, iron and Vitamin E.
Have we convinced you to stock up on olives yet? Nowhere in western Kentucky will you find the variety of olives that Midtown Market serves daily on our gourmet olive bar. You’ll have lots of options to choose from, in fact, too many to list here!
The word “salad” sometimes conjures up images of flavorless, greens or run-of-the-mill vegetables. Because we want our customers to enjoy the healthy food we serve, at Midtown Market we mix things up a bit on our salad bar every day. Some days you’ll find fresh blueberries and sweet strawberries, while other days we might throw in a blend of vegetables and other salad bar toppings.
Our salad bar is a great place to grab a healthy, quick lunch or dinner at an affordable price. However, it’s not just for salads these days. Some of our customers have shared that they like to buy a mixture of fresh, chopped toppings to use on homemade pizzas. They also like to add these delicious ingredients to other one-to-two-serving recipes they prepare at home. No matter what you’re craving we probably have something to suit your palate.
The olive bar and salad bar is open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. We keep it stocked with fresh greens, delicious vegetables and fruits, and a variety of other salad bar favorites. Stop by and find something you love today!
Salad Bar $8.99/lb Olive Bar $10.99/lb
7 Days a week - 10AM-6PM
Photo Credit: Glenn Hall Photography