Drive Thru Mama
Jessica Koverdan has her hands full these days. She has four kids, two of whom are twins under the age of two. She shares a full case of clients at the business she and her husband, Paul, run together. She has all of this on her plate, not to mention the fact that she’s constantly trying to keep up with the things that need to be done around the Koverdan house. That’s not easy with four kiddos nipping at your heels.
When we told Jessica that she didn’t have to unpack the kids from their car seats in order to run into the store for a half gallon of milk at Midtown Market, she gave us that “Whatchootalkin’ ‘bout, Willis” sort of look and then screamed for joy! Yeah, that happened.
Now when Jessica needs to make a quick run to the store for just a few items, and doesn’t have a sitter to watch the kids, she simply picks up the phone to call Midtown Market, gives one of our associates her short grocery list and then we meet her at the drive thru window with all of her goodies whenever she’s ready to pick them up. How’s that for rock star service?
But please don’t get the wrong idea here. The drive thru window at Midtown Market isn’t just a service for overworked mommies. It’s a service that’s available to everyone who needs to pick up a few quick items at the grocery store and doesn’t have time to go in and shop.
So, to make your life easier, we’ve put together a list of insider tips on the best ways you can use our drive thru service.
· Looking for a fast lunch without having to hit the fast food drive thru? Call in a lunch order and we’ll have that ready for you.
· Don’t feel like getting dolled up for a quick trip to the grocery store? Then don’t! We’ll never rat you out for wearing your PJs and leaving the makeup at home. Simply pull up to our drive thru window and hand us your list. We’ll do all the work and all you have to do is pay for the goods.
· Not feeling too well today? Don’t get out and about as easily as you used to? Then bring your list of about 5 or less items to the drive thru window and we’ll fix you right up.
Now for some time-saving tricks:
· You don’t ever have to call ahead, however if you do we might be able to speed up your trip a bit. For instance, if you have a complex order, try calling us to chat about it in advance. We can answer all of your questions over the phone, without holding up the drive thru line when you arrive.
· Our busiest drive-thru traffic time is typically in the morning when everyone’s getting their morning coffee fix, breakfast sandwiches or burritos. So if you’re in a hurry, the best time to stop by for groceries is later in the afternoon after 2 p.m.
· Our weekday dinner orders can also be picked up through the drive thru lane between 4:30 -6PM. Be sure to call in your order early because dinner is popular around here and those dishes will go fast!
Here’s one final thing to mention. Please don’t ever feel bad for taking advantage of our drive thru services. We want to be used! It’s what drives us to get out of bed and come to work in the morning. So use us and make our lives feel worthwhile.
The drive thru is open Monday-Saturday 6:30AM-6PM and Sunday 8:30AM.
Photo Credit: Glenn Hall Photography