All Salads Are Not Created Equal
One of two things might cross your mind as you skim through this post dedicated to our love of fresh, filling, crunchy salads. Some of you might think, “Ugh. Salad. Bo-ring.” Others might be thinking, “Mmm. Give me some of that sweet, sweet salad!”
In whichever camp you find yourself, our goal is to make you stop whatever you’re doing and head over to Midtown Market. You’ll love the fresh items we’ve added to our salad bar and olive bar. We mix it up every day, adding new, seasonal farm-fresh produce that will keep you coming back for more.
Here’s our basic formula for building a tasty salad.
Base of Greens + Fresh Veggies + Protein + the “works” = DELICIOUS
To help us turn you on to the new salad bar we’ve added, here are two of the friendliest faces you will ever encounter at Midtown Market, Mandy Cranor and Jennifer Blair. They’ll share their personal favorites and give you some salad inspiration to get you started.
If you’ve visited the market before, you’ve probably already met Mandy. She is one ball of thundering energy! She’s a working mom and relies on that energy to take her through the workday and on into playtime with her daughter in the evenings. Her spin on the Cobb Salad is a great way to gain the protein she needs to stay active all day. Not a fan of blue cheese and avocados? Then you’ll love Mandy's mild flavored modifications.
A Slightly Twisted Cobb Salad
1. Start with a bed of arugula, mixed greens and spinach
2. Add a mix of animal protein: chicken, bacon, eggs
3. Toss in tomatoes
4. Sprinkle with Colby Jack cheese
5. Top with croutons and honey mustard dressing
If you’re looking for a side of sweet with your savory, then you’ll love the salad that Jennifer Blair enjoys. Jennifer is the smiling face who greets our customers at the door. She’s a busy lady and the new salad bar has opened up fresh options that she can grab on the go.
Here is a sweet seasonal salad that your taste buds can rock out on!
1. Start with a base of fresh spinach and arugula
2. Add bean sprouts for a moderate source of plant protein. Also, add eggs and Midtown Market’s sweet, spiced bacon.
3. Add tomatoes and seasonal fruits, such as strawberries, mandarin oranges and blueberries.
4. Toss in the sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
5. Top it off with a modest sprinkling of cheddar cheese, a few croutons and a tablespoon of ranch dressing. (If you’re looking for another option, the raspberry vinaigrette tastes great, too).
For those looking for a saltier salad, try spicing things up with a combination of olives now available on our Midtown Market Olive Bar. Olives are a great source of Vitamin E, dietary fiber and antioxidants.
Now what are you waiting for? Dig in!